HOUSEHOLD ITEMS REMOVAL POLICY
The Town of Angier will pick up light household items placed in front of your property along the right-of-way of Town streets for removal. Items that are defined as light household are: household furniture, TV’s, refrigerators, wash/dryer/dishwasher, and mattress/box spring. If the household items are deemed to be in excess of light household as described, the Town of Angier’s staff will notify the resident to remove the debris. This will be at the discretion of the Public Works Director or Town of Angier staff. The resident or property owner will have 10 days to remove the debris as described in the Town of Angier Code (14-11). If the debris is deemed to be a hazard to the safety of the public as stated in Town Code (14-11), the debris must be removed within 24 hours of the notice. The property owner is responsible for the removal of debris or material not picked up by the Town. The property owner is responsible for any debris left by tenants or renters that do not fall within the guidelines of the light household as described. The Town will only pick up household items discarded by the property owner or renters/tenants of the property.
- Any debris determined to come from outside the town limits or a second party will not be picked up by the Town.
- Any debris discarded by a contractor will not be picked up by the Town.
- The Town will not pick up debris/household items from storage units.
- The Town will not pick up construction debris (such as shingles, sheetrock, lumber, building materials, doors, windows, etc.).
- The Town will not pick up carpet, tires, or glass.
- Pick up of household items will be limited to a maximum of 3 pieces per week for each respective property.
- Please separate box springs, mattresses, and TV’s from other household items.
- Please do not place debris under power lines, tree limbs or near utilities.
- Yard and leaf waste material shall be kept separate from household items and not mixed with any solid waste materials.
- Please separate metal from household items.
- The Town will not pick up paint cans that contain paint/hazardous materials.
- Do not place debris in the paved section of the roadway.
- THE TOWN WILL ONLY PICK UP A MAXIMUM OF 3 PIECES OF LIGHT HOUSEHOLD ITEMS, IN AN AREA THAT IS DESCRIBED ABOVE, ONCE PER WEEK.