LEAF AND LIMB REMOVAL POLICY
The Town of Angier will only pick up light pruning of limbs placed in front of your property along the right-of-way of the Town streets for removal. Light pruning is defined as the selective removal of certain parts of a plant/tree such as branches, buds and roots. The space available for pick up is limited to an area three feet wide by three feet deep by three feet tall. Limbs shall be no longer than 3-feet in length and 4-inches in diameter. If the limbs are deemed to be in excess of light pruning as described by three-feet wide by three feet deep by three feet tall area, the Town’s staff will notify the resident to remove the debris. This will be at the discretion of the Public Works Director or the Town of Angier’s staff. The resident or property owner will have 10 days to remove the debris as described in the Town of Angier Code (14-11). If the debris is deemed to be a hazard to the safety of the public as stated in the Town Code (14-11), the debris must be removed within 24 hours of the notice. The property owner is responsible for the removal of debris or material not picked up by the Town. The property owner is responsible for any debris left from tenants or renters that does not fall within the guidelines of the light pruning of limbs as described above. The Town of Angier will only pick up light pruning discarded by the property owner or renters/tenants of the property.
- Any debris determined to come from outside the town limits or a second party will not be picked up by the Town.
- The Town will not pick up debris/household items from rental or storage units.
- Limbs cannot be longer than 3-feet in length.
- Limbs cannot be over 4-inches in diameter.
- Please do not place limbs under power lines, tree limbs or near utilities.
- Yard and leaf waste material shall be kept separate from household items and not be mixed with any solid waste materials.
- Limbs and leaves shall be kept separate.
- Leaves need to be raked behind the existing curb line of the street or if no such curb line exists, the leaves shall be placed within the street right-of-way but kept off the street pavement and to the extent possible kept outside of any ditch line.
- Do not place leaves in plastic or paper bags.
- To the extent possible, do not place leaves in the ditch line.
- THE TOWN WILL ONLY PICK UP ONE PILE OF LIMBS AND LEAVES, IN AN AREA THAT IS DESCRIBED ABOVE, ONCE PER WEEK.